February 15, 2013

February Topbox Review

I got my Topbox yesterday! Pretty quick shipping this time :)! The great thing about Topbox is you can always count on them to ship by the 10th unlike Glymm (who btw still has not sent me a shipping notification -_-). Anyways, prior to this month's box Topbox sent out an email asking if we would like to choose from three brand Prive boxes and showed us the contents of each. The Benefit one was nice, but I owned a lot of the products that came with it already and the other two Prive boxes didn't really interest me. I decided to take my chances and go for a regular Topbox. I'm really glad I did because I LOVE this month's box :D! Here's a quick glimpse at what I received this month:


Keep reading for the full review!


A lot of good stuff this month! I was pretty impressed! I'm also glad I got the pretty Topbox again. These make such great gift giving boxes as well as storage boxes. Unfortunately I stopped seeing the option to select which box you want in the monthly feedback surveys so I kept getting the eco box. It's fine and all, but they end up going straight to my recycling box instead of being kept. 

Make Up For Ever Pro Finish


"Multi-use Powder Foundation that can be applied wet or dry for buildable coverage and a customized finish."
Full Size: $42 (10g)

This sample is so cute. Even came with a mini sponge! The sample size is 2g so not bad! Very good size and I'll probably get a ton of uses out of it before it's done. The package seals itself pretty tightly so I'll probably keep this is my purse for touch ups and emergencies. So far from swatching it the texture seems very smooth and the coverage is quite full. I love Make Up For Ever's powders so I won't be surprised if I end up falling for this one as well. According to the info card this is a new product.

B. Kamins Nutrient Replacement Cream Kx

"This nourishing cream provides essential nutrients to improve skin's appearance. Use for hydrated, healthy and brighter skin."
Full Size: $152 (45g)

Holy crap $152 for face cream seems a bit ridiculous. I've never tried anything from this brand so I'm excited for when I get to use this. My skin is very dry usually, especially during winter, so any moisturizers are always welcome in my boxes! I've actually had so many moisturizer samples in the past year that I only purchased one moisturizer during all of 2012. The sample size is really big for this at 15ml which is approximately 15g if you follow the water density conversion (science nerd moment) so if you think about it that way that's like a third of the full sized product which is about $50 in value. Will def review this stuff when I get to opening it (Read my previous blog post to know why I don't open everything at once).

Deborah Lippmann Nail Lacquer in Ray of Light


"Deborah Lippman's luxury line of award winning nail lacquers was created as a result of her working with some of the more iconic figures in fashion from Cher to Sarah Jessica Parker."
Full Size: $20 (15ml)

This is what I love most about Topbox, the nail lacquers! When they do give nail lacquers, they are always full sized and always in amazing colours. This time was no different. That's a $20 product in a $12 subscription! I love Deborah Lippmann polishes, they go on extremely smooth, dry quickly, and have the prettiest finishes. Unlike some polishes, they are super easy to apply. My previous Deborah Lippmann polish came with one of my early Topboxes in the shade "Whatever Lola Wants" and it is still my go to colour to this day. Ray of Light is a dark indigo with metallic pink and gold flecks. The colour is gorgeous and I'll definitely be wearing it as soon as I remove my Valentine's pink nails. Keep checking my instagram for the swatch.

KMS California Freeshape Quick Blow Dry

"For anyone who wants faster drying and heat protection. Reduces drying time by up to 50%"
Full Size: $18.75 (200ml)

This was a 30ml sample which is the perfect size to travel with. I'm not really sure how it can make your hair dry faster but I'll definitely try next time I blow dry my hair. I usually let it air dry if I wash it in the evening. I'll only blowdry when I'm in a rush to head out. It has a very light scent, or maybe it's because my nose is still plugged from being sick lol. It says it offers light conditioning so I wouldn't skip leave in conditioner. Will try this week and let you guys know :)

Overall Thoughts

I loved this month's box! It had a great variety of beauty products and many new brands to try. I was excited to use everything which I haven't felt for a while. Topbox usually impresses me so I've never considered unsubscribing to them before. Out of all the boxes I've tried I always recommend signing up for Topbox if you had to pick just one. Despite the $2 price increase to $12 recently, I have noticed their product samples are getting better as well. Now to see what my Glymm bag brings after their price hike to $15... if they ever send it out that is -_-.

No comments:

Post a Comment